Saturday, November 18, 2006

Oh this is so much fun

Yay. Went to the famer's market this morning. Got some lovely stuff to use for Turkey day. Apparently, it's not going to be just me, the boy, and his bro, it's going to be a party! We're deep frying a turkey and our chef friend is cooking a goose. So yeah. I'm planning a salad, mashed taters, green bean casserole (don't judge, it's the only time I ever eat green beans), homemade stuffing, 3 pies, bread, and whatever else. Oh yeah, apps. I need apps. I think we'll go low-key with chips and dips, hummus, cheeses, and crackers.

As for the truck search, I went to a dealership this morning. It's a small, used dealership, that has tons of trucks in our budget range. We're going to have a huge down payment with some financing. The sales are no pressure and the guy took a lot of time with me, showing me the trucks. I've got about 3 choices, all reasonable and really nice trucks. I even test drove and have decided that the truck will be mine for a while as I loved driving it. I have driven my parents 7 passenger van before and used to be a driver in college for the 15 passenger vans, so I can drive big trucks. I loved being up so high. And thank goodness my parents taught me how to mirror drive. So we'll see. The dealership is not open Sundays, which sucks, as the boy is at work still. So we're going to go over there tomorrow anyway, just to look, and then the boy will go in on Monday and talk to the salesman and we'll make a decision. Hopefully it will be good.

No comments: