Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Cock a strangle doo

Holy hell, one of my neighbors has a rooster. If I chance to hear it crowing on the weekends, there will be hell to pay. I don’t know who it is yet, but I plan to find out. It’s not right to have a rooster in the fricken’ city! Not when you’re close to your neighbors like this, and not when your neighbors might not want to be woken up at 5 am by the crowing of a loud rooster.
Yeah, 5am. That’s when it starts. I heard it this morning. (First hearing was yesterday.) And it was still crowing about every 10-15 minutes when I left around 7am this morning. Not fun. It’s the alarm clock that you can’t shut off.
If we go out on the weekends, chances are we don’t get home until 2ish and don’t go to bed until 3ish or later. I don’t sleep well as it is and I don’t need a cock-a-doodle-doo waking me out of whatever little sleep I got at 6am. I don’t go back to sleep once I wake up like that.
There has got to be some sort of city ordinance for this. I’m not one to make trouble and all usually but if it’s something that disturbs my precious sleep, I will raise hell. It’s not right. Plus I’m sure the other neighbors aren’t exactly too thrilled about this either.
I could understand if we were out in the country because that happens there. More land, more space, way more animals. But we’re inside city limits. Way inside. Downtown is 3.5 miles north. Roosters do not belong here. Not when there’s an excellent chance that you have neighbors who are still sleeping when the rooster goes off. What about those who work nights and don’t get home until midnight, 2am? They don’t usually go to bed until 3 or 4. I mean seriously. (That was the boy until recently.) Grrr.
I’ve thought about setting the kitties on it but I don’t think they’d know what to do. I can see them thinking, ooh a moving toy! They’re pretty nonplussed by the noise- just another normal noise to them.
In other notes, I’m now receiving religious emails of sorts from credentialing contacts that I work with. Not exactly appropriate to be sending to strangers and stuff from your workplace but whatever. There’s always the delete button.
Current song on Mp3 player: Whistling in the Dark by TMBG.

3 comments:

Dott Comments said...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/pacificnw/2002/0120/cover.html

Actually, I think most cities will allow chickens. I found the above link in a google search.

Yank In Texas said...

Yes, but this is a rooster. That crows at 5am. City ordinances don't allow for animals that make a continous noise. This includes roosters. I asked.

Dott Comments said...

So will the rooster become dinner?