Thursday, November 02, 2006

Halloween

So Halloween is over and the Christmas things are out. Then again, the Christmas stuff has been out since sometime in September, and in some stores I think August. That’s just scary. (I was wandering around Target looking for simple Halloween decorations that don’t seem to exist anymore and boom! It was Christmas all of a sudden. Ugh.)
We didn’t decorate for Halloween this year but we plan to go all out next year. We want to be one of “those” houses, ones that people want to come to. We love Trick-or-Treaters. We couldn’t wait for them to come around this year. And they didn’t disappoint. I even had to send the boys (Boy’s brother was here) on an emergency run as we started to run low an hour into it. It was great. The kids (and parents) just showed up in mobs and most were polite and did the trick or treat thing. Lots of cute little ones and some creative costumes. We ran out of candy at about 8pm. I hated having to turn off the porch light but we weren’t the only ones. The other houses on the street were slowly going dark one by one.
I can’t wait for next year. Kids! And Candy! It’s seriously one of our favorite holidays. Next time we’ll be prepared with twice as much candy and if there’s any left over? Darn, guess we’ll have to eat it. Terrible.
I do have more pictures of the kitties. Some are already uploaded to my yahoo photos site. I’m switching to flickr eventually, but like most things, I just haven’t gotten to it yet. Gabby is a little diva/attention whore so it’s hard to capture her when she’s sleeping. She wakes up so quickly. Punk is much lazier and is now a total lounger.

No comments: