Friday, June 02, 2006

Things Not About Food

Head hurts today. Got whacked in head yesterday with a tiny pot by friend’s 1 year old. Yeah. I have a lovely bump and it’s very tender. We were playing and my head just got in the way. Oh well. That’s what happens with the little ones. He’s cute and a HUGE flirt so it’s all good.

Cat is her normal self. Got upset yesterday because she couldn’t go out. (No one was going to be home and since being outside means keeping the door open a bit, just no.) She meowed a lot and tried to beg her way out by being all cute and affectionate but it didn’t work. I saw through her. I do want another kitten though.

Boy has started thinking that maybe moving to Houston wouldn’t be so bad. Not sure how I feel. Rents are slightly higher and I might be able to find a better paying job but I took a quick look and found mixed results. All I know is that he needs out of the restaurant business. His job isn’t bad but he can’t move up. Found a job that would be a great fit but he doesn’t have much in the way of office skills. I told him to come up with a resume and a cover letter and I’ll make it sound good. It’s a job I’d like too, but it has more marketing to it than I’m good at.

I love Austin. Not sure if I want to move but if I don’t find a better job… We are doing tons better than we were in DC on less but it would be nice to make purchases and not have to worry at the end of the month. Some of that is my spending- I love to shop. Some is the boy’s need to keep picking up the tab for everyone. (Really time to stop that. We can’t keep paying for his brother. I know he doesn’t have much money but still.) Other is just that we need to cut back on stuff. We can do better. We should be doing really well at the end of the month. But we’re not. I’d love to get out of debt. I’m just not sure moving to another city is the solution. Boy needs to get a better job. So do I. I just hate moving from job to job. But I have put in a year here. And it’s not what I want.

All this frustration. It’s not necessary.

Gym news: I’ve lost 12 pounds! Woohoo! I do spend 5 days a week there so something should be happening.

No comments: