Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Style

My recipe style is very laid back. When I post recipes that are mostly of my own doing, they're not specific. I don't cook with measuring spoons or cups. Sometimes I'll use the measuring cup, but that's mostly with rice and a few other dishes. Baking is of course different, and you need to be way more specific with the measurements. But with cooking, I have a hard time measuring.
Often times when writing measurements down, I make up the amounts. It's about how much I use but I'm never quite sure.
Everything is really to taste, as that's subjective. I'm not a chef, so I don't have to make sure things turn out the same every time. I don't think I could do that very well anyway.
So just take my recipes and make them your own. Most of them are suggestions anyway. If you don't like something, don't use it. There are plenty of substitutes out there. Use what you like, but remember the technique. That's the important part.

Signed,
the lazy cook

1 comment:

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

I find that I tend to double the amount of spice that's called for in any recipe-esp. cayenne.