Thursday, May 25, 2006

Breakfast. I eat it every day. If I don’t, I end up feeling sick and my day just doesn’t go right. Eggs are usually the best for me. I don’t eat them every day, but I try to have 1 2-3 times a week in various incarnations. Here are 2 of my favorite ways to prepare them. These are both also easy on-the-go recipes too. Just wrap in foil and take with you.

Egg, Sausage, Cheese, Biscuit

1 frozen biscuit (can make your own or use the ones that come in the tube but for sheer convenience the frozen ones are great.)
1 sausage patty (bacon is always an acceptable substitute. You can go completely veg too.)
1 egg
salt
pepper
garlic powder
paprika
1 slice American cheese (any cheese will do but I prefer this)

Prepare biscuit per instructions. Split into 2 halves when done.
Cook sausage patty until desired doneness.
Crack open egg into bowl. Add seasonings to taste, and mix to combine yolk and whites.
Cook egg in pan over med-low heat, making a sort of half scramble, half egg patty. The egg just needs to be able to fit onto the biscuit.
Add cheese before taking it out of the pan, letting it melt some.
Place sausage patty and egg on the biscuit in whatever order suits you. Top with biscuit top and enjoy.
Wrap in foil to take with you.

Breakfast Tacos

Quantities are to taste. You can’t really be specific on this. Add or take out anything you like. I like to use bacon in my tacos but you can use sausage. Beans are also very popular. Some people just do egg and cheese. Me, I like stuff in my tacos.

Frozen shredded potatoes or small potato cubes
Diced tomato
Diced onion
1 slice bacon, cooked
1 egg, mixed and seasoned to taste.
1 flour tortilla
cheddar cheese
salsa

Cook the potatoes as directed per package. Add the onions to cook with the potatoes. Add tomato when potatoes are nearly done. When potatoes are done, crumble up the bacon and add to the mixture. Add the egg to the potatoes. Combine into a scramble. Soften the tortilla if you wish by putting it in the microwave for 20 seconds. Place egg mixture on top of tortilla. Top with cheese and salsa.

No comments: