Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Subber colds suck


Haven't updated in a while. Crazy busy and all that.
It's high 90s here. Hit 100 yesterday and is looking to do that again today. It's only April people. And we're having rolling blackouts already. I shudder to think what the summer will be like. (And my car's ac does not work well. Ugh.) My parents want to visit in June. Can't say I didn't warn them.
I also have a cold now. Yay for summer cold's. Ok, it's not summer yet but still. Feels like it. I don't miss winters and the cold at all but sometimes the heat does get to you. And the electric bill due to the crazy AC. That too. But it's worth it.
Year-round farmer's markets. Barely putting the heat on. Spending time outdoors in winter is nice. Winter picnics. Winter sunburns that aren't from skiing. No need to have seasonal clothes. (That has been weird. What do you mean I don't have to rotate wardrobes?)
I do enjoy it here.
My hair is somewhat blonder now too. Went out shopping with C Saturday. She needed a haircut and I can never say no to the mall, so we went. Plus someone had to watch AJ. I go to Visible Changes and got her to go too. They always do a great job with my hair. So we went, made an appointment, ate lunch (kafka wrap and falafel- yum!), and then did some shopping. Lots of cute things at BabyGap and big gap. Little AJ is starting early. As I was browsing the clearance bras in GapBody, AJ started pulling at my skirt from the stroller. And then he stuck his head under! Too cute! The sales girls had a great laugh at that. He's such a flirt.
We browsed Old Navy too and of course I bought some things there. Gotta love clearance. Then time for the haircut. Now, usually AJ has mommy issues and doesn't like being separated from mom. But this time he didn't notice and we didn't make a big deal out of it. He was happy in his stroller and I just turned him around and started walking around the mall. We had a grand old time, strolling through the stores and babbling away. Well, he babbled and I answered back. Anything to keep him going and not screaming. So that went surprisingly well. And then he fell asleep in the car. Aww. Stopped at the store to get some hair dye for me, and went back to her house for a little highlighting party. We used the old cap style stuff and since she's done it many times before, I let her make me look like a crazy person. So I've got rather blonde highlights now. It actually is the color my hair used to be, way back when. It's different but I like it.
The boy ended up driving her husband home that night (he had gone in to pick up tips and the boys got to talking and decided that since us girls were together, they'd just all come home.) So we had dinner together and watched Memoirs of a Geisha. Beautifully done movie.
Fun times.
Went out to dinner Sunday night at our favorite Indian restaurant- the Clay Pit. The boy knows one of the servers there as she's the wife of the band leader that plays at Cipollina every Friday night. Anyway, great food. Always get the curried mussels. It's a fabulous sauce. Somehow some mango cheesecake always slips into a to go box whenever we're around. Don't know how that happens. I must get up there for half price apps during happy hour. I need more mussels. I've had dreams about the mussels.
Crazy kitten story to come!

No comments: