Friday, April 28, 2006

Alias!

Alias is my favorite show. I just fell in love with the idea of a female spy who kicked all sorts of ass. It didn’t hurt that the creator of the series was also behind one of my other favorite shows, Felicity. Alias is basically “What would happen if Felicity was a spy?”
It’s been love at first sight. Love for Jennifer Garner, Michael Vartan, Victor Garber, Greg Grunberg, Carl Lumbly, and of course, Kevin Weisman as Marshall. Plus there’s also the super-hot Lena Olin as Sydney’s mom, Merrin Dungey as Francie and Faux-France, the scrumptious David Anders as Sark, Ron Rifkin as the fantastically eeeeevil Sloane, and the yummy Bradley Cooper as Will. Oh, can’t forget fab Gina Torres as Ana Espinoza!
So Alias is back for it’s final episodes. After a disastrous Season 3 that most fans would like to forget and a character that most would like to forget even exists (Lauren who?), the show had struggled to find its place again. But this last season has brought everything full circle.
Yeah, there’s a new organization, Prophet 5 and new baddies and all that, but the Endgame is still the same: something to do with Rambaldi and the Chosen One. Plus I think Prophet 5 was the overarching villain all along and people just didn’t know that. Either way, it works. Alias is harkening back to its Season One roots and all I can say is it’s about time!
I mean this last episode? With Jack’s comments about keeping the knives away from young Bristow women? Priceless. The CIA babysitters? Hilarious. That’s totally the kind of people that Jack would send. And the Will and Sydney interaction- how I missed that. “Sydney, my head is beeping!” “Didn’t you hear what he said? I have a bomb in my head?!” And Ana! Ana! Ana as Sydney! This is the total Rambaldi out they need. So excellent.
Alias is back baby!

No comments: