Friday, April 21, 2006

Holy Texas Weather!

It's been nasty for the past few days. First it was in the upper 90s and100s. In APRIL. Then came the storms. Thunder, lightening, wind, and hail. Fun stuff. The power has gone out a few times and of course that means traffic lights go out too, creating major backups. Lovely. But the rain has been nice. We needed the rain.
The cat does not like storms and huddled against me, looking for comfort. When she went out this morning, she wasn't sure what to do, as everythingwas wet and icky. She hates being wet.
There are holes in the roof of my office building. One of the ceiling tiles in my boss' office disintegrated due to the water leak. Thankfully it wasn'tover a computer or anything. Still nasty just the same.
On a good note, the boy left me flowers this morning- gorgeous orangey-pinkroses with some yellow flowers I don't recognize. So pretty. I'm sure they come from the restaurant but the thought is wonderful.
I really need to start carrying the camera around, or at least get us another cheap digital one. Haven't been to the gym this week, am planning to go today. I might just skip out on the whole week though. Don't know. We'll see.

No comments: