Tuesday, April 25, 2006

My cat is such a scaredy-cat

She really is such a wuss. (Which isn’t a terrible thing.) Lately she has been trying to follow me when I leave for work This morning as I was locking the front door, I heard the clinking of her collar and saw her through the fence. I said a few words to her and the next thing I knew, she was up on the table and over the fence. I walked out to the car and she tried to follow me, but stopped at our neighbor’s door. She was out of her comfort zone and couldn’t go any further. I even called to her, and said it was ok, but nope, wouldn’t move. Why? Our next door neighbors have dogs, you see. And she can hear them and see them through the fence. Even though they are separated and never out, she knows they are there and she fears them. So she won’t ever go any further.
Then again, she would never go so far away that she couldn’t hear the fridge open. She’ll be outside, and one of us will open the fridge to get something, and clink, clink, clink, here comes the cat, begging for tuna, even though she already had her spoonful for the day. Greedy little thing. At least she knows where home and food is.
It is cute though. Plus it is nice to know that she wants to be with me too. I’m the mom. She only follows me around. She even has to watch me shower. She doesn’t watch the boy, she only does it to me, in order to make sure that I’m ok. Because I’m her mom.

2 comments:

oldhall said...

That's pretty cool! I hate to be so "pro-cat", but if a dog did the same thing, it would just be pathetic.

I know, I know, you can criticise and say I'm not being nice, but I can't help it.

MLE said...

Our cats definitely have their preferences between us. Hulk is Petra's person and I'm Loki's person, though they're both perfectly happy to get attention from either of us (and Loki demands more attention of both of us than Petra does, I think, but then again he's a boy).