Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Rosemary and Garlic Roasted Potatoes

Easy and delicious. I rarely have any leftovers. Add more or less depending on how many you serve or to taste. I like lots of garlic so I add more.

3-4 potatoes, whatever kind you wish, red is best but russet or Yukon are ok, chopped into even sized pieces, about 1-2 inches
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
2-3 stalks fresh rosemary, de-stemmed and roughly chopped
½ red onion, diced
salt
pepper
garlic power (optional)
olive oil to coat

Heat oven to 425-450. 450 makes for a little crispier.

Dump the potatoes into a baking dish. Add all of the ingredients in order, saving the olive oil for last to coat the potatoes. Mix well, making sure the potatoes are evenly coated in everything.
Place in oven for 30 minutes. Stir halfway through to ensure even cooking. Use a fork to see if the potatoes are done. The fork will slide right through. There is no really set time on this. Roast the potatoes to your liking. I usually go about 40 minutes or so, until most of the potatoes are brownish. This gets the insides all nice and soft while the outside is slightly crispy and wonderful.
These go with about anything but I like to service with roast chicken or pork. It’s a very Mediterranean side dish.

Add parmesan cheese for an additional kick.

1 comment:

Cilicious said...

I usually steam them for awhile first,then just sort of stir fry them at medium-high heat.
I *love* the flavor of potatoes and rosemary, especially, as you describe, with that crispy on the outside texture. Sometimes I use herbes de provence on them, too.