Saturday, May 12, 2007

Help Me

I am so ashamed. But I admit that I need help. I, *whispers* LIKE the Avril Lavigne song "Girlfriend". *whispers. There, it's out. I don't know why, don't know how, but I like it. It's catchy and easy to listen to. Oh well. I've liked worse. Tiffany anyone??

So ACL. I've got mixed feelings about it. I'm really excited about Bjork and the White Stripes. Bob Dylan- I don't know. He's a legend and I'm happy to actually be seeing him, but I don't know what kind of show he'll be able to put on. I've heard he's very hit or miss and there are days that he can barely speak. So who knows. I hope that the closing day of the festival is not one of them or there will be MANY upset fans. I had a feeling it was going to be Dylan closing the festival. He was posted as a very accurate rumor (was him, Eddie Vedder or Stevie Wonder. Stevie got ruled out rather quickly.)
The organizers of the fest try to keep most of the bands under wraps and usually nothing leaks out about the lineup. But this year was different, so I wasn't too surprised about who's playing. I know it will be a good time- all that music and people will make it so. Plus I am excited to be seeing certain bands, some for the first some, some for the second or third time. (I've seen Robert Earl Keen 4 times in the past year as he's ALWAYS playing around here.) I just hope the schedule cooperates with my desires.
It will be a fun birthday weekend though. I plan to get rather drunk and happy. We know how the festival works now, so we have better ideas of how to sneak in forbidden items like outside food. We still haven't decided about chairs though. They were nice but a pain the ASS to carry around. So we'll see. A 3 day parking pass for the garage is a must. We had a 2 day last year because we waited too long to decide about it last year. Getting home that first night was not so fun.
But the festival is 4 months away, Sept 14-16. There's still plenty of time to figure things out.

2 comments:

Cilicious said...

I would *love* to have something like that to look forward to! Sure it'll be a zoo but all that music will be splendid, you can't help but have a good time.

Cilicious said...

BTW
Thanks for the comment on my blog.
I didn't know that you knew I existed. ;)