Thursday, December 28, 2006

What an asshole

Guess who showed up to Christmas dinner at the parents' house?? Yep, he did. After trying to communicate with him all week and getting nothing, he dared to show up looking for dinner. I would say that I can't believe it but sadly, I can. I thought that somehting like this would happen. It's just sad and sick. How dare he show up?? How dare he!
My dad went out and told him he was not wanted. That was it. Then he left, or tried to. His car stalled. The car is an old rust bucket so it's not a shock. But still. Dad did a nice thing and called AAA for a jump. He wasn't going to do it. Didn't want to deal with him anymore.
We'll see what happens after this.
Louis is still in the morgue as far as I know. Joe has power of attorney. He should be dealing with it.
Note: Ah how I love public records. Did a search on land records and such and found all sorts of liens and things, including the forced sale of the house. The shit still got $175K for the sale, much of which had to go for payments and things but I don't think it was all that... From what I know, he was still able to live in the house until the new owner kicked him out, which was before October 2004, when it was sold to the current owner. It had to be- that place needed extensive repairs to be inhabitable. I need to look for more stuff later.

2 comments:

-qir said...

wow. I just caught up with your last few posts. I remember the Thanksgiving house bomb. I'm so sorry everything turned out this way.

*hugs*

Yank In Texas said...

Oh it gets better. Or worse. However you want to put it. The funeral is this morning- Great Aunt Lucy decided to pay for it. I'm sure it will be interesting. And oh the dirt we found, and that's just house stuff. Let's just say he was way over his head in debt and lost the house for $29K. He re-mortgaged 3 times. 3, on a house that was already paid for.