Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Holiday Madness

The mess hath begun. Twas the week before Christmas and the stores were getting packed. It wasn’t bad this weekend- didn’t seem as if anyone was out shopping really. Traffic was fine and people weren’t bad. My only issue is that the grocery stores kept running out of butter. Damn you people! Stock more unsalted butter!
One of my co-workers went out shopping last night. She said it was crazy out there. Target was packed and it was impossible to get someone to help you. She was also looking for a Nintendo DS for her kids. Everyone is sold out of them at the moment. That’s always fun. She went to 5 stores and nada. Gotta love that. The boy was at Toys R US and he said it was wiped out. He still found something decent but still.
I’m glad I finished all of my shopping last weekend. I know I should start earlier, but no one gives me any idea of what they want until a month or so before, and we’re the kind of people that if we see it and want it, we buy it. Planning ahead of time for this stuff just doesn’t work.
I’ve finished most of my baking. Last weekend was cookie weekend. I made 5 different kinds of cookies and am making 2 more. I distributed a sampler to my co-workers but we have tons more at home. The boy wanted cookies and now he has them. Of course now he says that there are too many and he wants something else other than cookies. I can’t win. We’re going to a dinner party tonight so I’m bringing some of them with me.
The boy’s restaurant Holiday party was Sunday. That was fun. Good food and lots of wine and beer. Plus we got a bottle of pink champagne and a French press. Yay! Of course it meant a late night for me on a work night but oh well. My work party is this Friday and well, it won’t be as good. It’s during work hours for one and it’s a freakin’ potluck. They say they’ll supply the drinks but what will they be? Ugh. Whatever.

There’s lots of stuff happening at the boy’s restaurant, not a lot that’s good. It’s going to be interesting as to how it all plays out. All I know is that the boy really needs to get another job, because this one is really hurting him. It’s stressing him out to the max. It’s time to leave and he knows it. He just can’t because it would leave a friend hanging, but it’s the friend who has messed everything up. He can’t manage. It’s such a mess and people are going to end up hurt, have already ended up hurt. Boss crossed personal with business and it’s all coming back to haunt him. There’s nothing we can do except to let it blow up and hope the boy doesn’t get completely caught in the crosshairs.

No comments: