Monday, December 04, 2006

100 Things Part Deux

51. I apparently look like I’m 5-6 years younger than I actually am. Most people don’t believe me when I tell them my real age. I get carded everywhere. Funnily enough, the Boy doesn’t and he’s 2 years younger.

52. I have short, blond hair and blue eyes. My hair used to be a bit longer but I HATE it long. Short is so much easier and manageable. I hated spending half an hour in the morning just dealing with my hair. Now it’s less than 5 minutes.

53. I have 2 cats who love to double-team me in the morning, begging for their morning food. They’re crazy kittens and I love them to death.

54. I am so not a morning person. I’m not an evening person either as I tend to fall asleep too early. I like mid-afternoon best, but only if I’ve gotten enough sleep.

55. I never thought that I’d be living in Texas when I was younger. If you would have told me this in high school, I would have laughed. I didn’t understand the allure then but I sure do now.

56. I did think that I wouldn’t be living in Massachusetts anymore because I wanted out. I hadn’t lived anywhere else other than my parents house and I wanted a change. Boy did I get it.

57. I have lived in 3 different states and 2 countries so far. I don’t see us moving from Texas any time soon so I don’t think that will change.

58. I don’t know how I ever lived without easily accessible Mexican food. Or Pho.

59. I didn’t even try most ethnic foods I love until college because they weren’t really available in my hometown. There was Chinese and Italian and that’s about it.

60. I grew up surrounded by Italians. My hometown is or rather was very Italian while I was growing up. There used to be a red, white, and green line running through one of the main throroughfares instead of the yellow double line. We had a huge church-run Italian festival every year that the whole town went to.

61. My brother and I look nothing alike. He got the Italian, olive skinned looks while I got the pale, French looks.

62. I, apparently, look just like my dad’s cousin Annette whom I’ve never met. We found this out when she was on Donahue one day for living in a common-law marriage arrangement.

63. That’s pretty interesting since I find myself in a similar arrangement now, except that we haven’t filed the paperwork for the common-law thing, though most people consider us married by now.

64. We’ll have been together 6 years in December.

65. I want kids but sometimes I’m not so sure I actually do. I’m terrified of pregnancy and childbirth.

66. I do know that the boy and I are on the same page when it comes to raising kids and all but it’s still scary. I don’t know how we’ll do it.

67. I don’t make friends easily. I never have. I had close friends in high school and we still keep in touch mostly, but it was hard finding them. Same with college. Now that I’m out in the “real world”, I still don’t have many friends.

68. Most of my friends live across the country now. My best friend lives in PA, my high school friends live mostly in MA, college friends in VA. I have some friends here but a lot of them are the boy’s friends/coworkers.

69. Then there are the internet friends with whom I could not do without. It seems so much easier to communicate this way.

70. I love make-up but usually can’t be bothered to actually spend time on it. My current favorite stuff is ELF products. Cheap and good stuff.

71. I have sensitive skin so everything makes me break out. I still haven’t found anything to work for me, but I also hate to spend a lot of money on it. I guess I’m going to have to soon.

72. I love to shop. LOVE it. But I’m the consummate bargain hunter. I rarely, if ever, pay full price. I shop sales and clearance only.

73. My favorite stores to shop are Target, Old Navy, New York and Company, Kohl’s, JC Penney and TJ Maxx. I’d shop Marshall’s if there was one closer. I used to shop Filenes/Foley’s/Hecht’s before they got bought out by Macy’s. If there was an H&M here, I’d rejoice.

74. I am an earlybird, not in the sense of early to rise, but I’m always early to things like work and meeting up with people. I’m very punctual. I HATE being late. The boy on the other hand, doesn’t care so much about time. That bugs me.

75. My eyesight is terrible. I wear contacts at –10 in my right eye and –9.5 in my left. That’s bad. I have to wear reading glasses over my contacts to read and use the computer or things go fuzzy and I get headaches. I’ve been like this since I was 9.

76. My eyesight changed so quickly when I was little, I thought I was going blind. I went from wearing no glasses, to wearing them for distance, to all the time, to bifocals in 2 years. It sucked.

77. I got contacts in 9th grade and have never looked back. I love them so much more than my glasses, even though my new ones are sort of sexy. I like seeing in the shower.

78. I first smoked a cigarette when I was in France. I was very drunk but I had been around so much smoke I had sort of started to crave them. It was ok. It didn’t make me like them but every now and then I want one when I’m drunk.

79. The boy rolls his own cigarettes and they are so much better than the others. He even puts filters in them.

80. My first smoking experience was in 2002 with the Boy. It wasn’t very good.

81. I’m not a huge fan of and don’t do it very often. It makes me sleepy.

82. I never thought I’d say this, but I’ve become a fan of country music. Hard to believe, but it’s true. I’m going to Robert Earl Keen’s Christmas show next weekend and I can’t wait.

83. I don’t like talking on the phone. I don’t know why, as I’m perfectly find talking through email, but I hate talking on the phone.

84. I love to talk though.

85. Yes, I do talk to myself at times, and in different languages. Sometimes it’s the only way to practice my French.

86. Trashy romance novels that have been translated into French are some of my favorite vocabulary builders. No joke. It’s conversational, which isn’t what they always teach you in school.

87. I wish they had taught us more practical things in French classes like how to get a haircut and how to deal with banks and things like that. It would have made things a bit easier. I know how to do that now, but it would have been nice to know.

88. My ideal job would be running a study abroad company or working for a French speaking person. Anything to really use my degree.

89. I double majored in French and International Affairs, both subjects I liked, not necessarily ones that will make me money.

90. I went to a small college, where class sizes maybe reached 30. Maybe. We had 2 French majors graduate my year.

91. I hate French literature. HATE it. If I had wanted to read lots of literature I would have majored in English. I just wish our major had included more linguistics and language skills.
92. I love beer. The wine expert in the house is the boy. I’m the beer girl, which seems strange to people as I was the one who lived in France, but the area I lived in was big on beer. Mmm Belgian beer.

93. I would love to be able to travel out of the country more, but life keeps getting in the way. I wish I had done more before setting down but loans and bills kept getting in the way.

94. We do manage to travel a little bit, with my family being in MA, but it’s hard. Most of our traveling now is done visiting family.

95. I love to research. Research papers were actually fun for me to do. I know that’s weird but true.

96. I can find most anything if asked. If it’s on the web, I’ll find it. If not, I know where to go to get the information. I’m really good at just knowing where to look.

97. I have an innate sense of direction. I rarely get lost. I can usually figure my way out of things. I have problems reading a map though.

98. I give directions and remember things by landmarks. Most of the time I couldn’t tell you the street name, but I can tell you what’s on the corner.

99. I kissed a girl once. It didn’t do anything for me. We were both really drunk. The boy is really mad he missed that.

100. I can sing. I can carry a tune and it sounds rather good but it’s not pop star quality. It’s more choir-like. I just don’t feel like joining a choir though. I’d rather sing in the shower and freak out the cats.

No comments: