Thursday, August 17, 2006

This buying a house thing

Oh my freakin' god. I think I may just kill someone. Don't know who yet but the boy is in high contention for never getting off his ass and getting any credit. (But I tried sez he. Yeah, applying to 2 credit cards 3 years ago isn't trying. argh.)
So we need 3 letters of credit. Great. His name is on 3 accounts. The rent, car insurance, and cell phone. Rent and car are paid on time, all the time. Early even. The cell phone is his bill. Can you see where I'm going with this? Yeah. Never really paid on time. Hell, the bill still has our freakin' Alexandria address on it and the numbers are still VA #s as he has NEVER BOTHERED TO CHANGE THEM! I'm not the primary on the bill. That's him. And this may be holding us back on a really good loan.
I added him to the electric account and got a letter but the letter only has my name on it as I'm the main account holder and he's just the secondary contact. We can add him to the letter easily but I don't know... I also added him to cable and requested a letter but I don't know what's going on with that. He's supposed to call the cell phone company today to try so we'll see. (He was supposed to do this 2 days ago but you know...)
And then there's the inspection. Nothing hugely wrong with the house, just a lot of minor safety issues. Basically the contractors were cheap and did a crappy remodel job. We've requested repairs to code and I'm waiting on a response. Argh. All this freakin' waiting. I'm going to go crazy. I'm the one doing all the damn work on this as usual.
Buying a house sucks. I'm sure the end product is worth it, but the process, not so much.

UPDATE: Just received word from the sellers- will repair most of it and the 2 things they won't repair, they will give us money for! Yay! One down, one to go...

2 comments:

MLE said...

My appendages, they are crossed for you that all your house thingies work out well and that you will be soon owning your very own place!

Yank In Texas said...

Yeah, that stuff was part of the inspection. The boy is being crazy careful and asked for a foundation inspection because there were itty bitty cracks noted in the inspection, which for a freakin 36 year old houses is pretty normal. But the inspection report said to consult with a foundation expert so that's what he's doing. Even though it's a CYA on the inspector part. Sigh. Just one more thing...