Thursday, August 03, 2006

Contract is now pending

I’ve been rather remiss in the food area lately but that will hopefully show up again shortly. I’ve been doing a massive project at work that really takes up a lot of time. Plus there was the whole house hunt thing, in which I spend all of my free time scouring listings for a house that we could potentially agree on. Took us long enough but we actually found one.
So the offer is accepted and we are now pending. Now we wait. Unfortunately, our realtor is out of town this weekend. We got lucky and caught him right before he left town. We knew this ahead of time though. But still. I want more info and dates! I want to know when I have to move so I can start packing. And we have to fix a few things in the apartment before we move out (new screen in bedroom and new blinds, both thanks to the crazy cat.)
All this fun stuff. Realized last night that we are within stumbling distance from 2 friends’ houses. Weird that. I was at one of their houses last night and decided to drive by because I could. It took a minute to get there. I’m liking that. Now we’ll be able to switch houses for our Chinese food night. (They only have 1 car and a toddler and I don’t have a car seat.)

In cat news, she lost her second collar. Took her a week to do it. We’re getting her microchipped. There’s no other alternative. She’s figured out how to get the collar off and I’m not buying her a new collar and tags every week. Smart, crazy kitty. We can’t keep her inside anymore because she gets too wild and actually withholds affection. We kept her in for a week because she had no collar. She was going crazy and had all this built up energy. Plus, she didn’t rub our ankles like she used to for tuna. Instead she just sat there and quietly followed you to the fridge. She didn’t sit near us anymore, opting to plop down on the far armrest. As soon as we got a new collar and tags and let her out, she was back to her old self, purring and rubbing away. All we could do is laugh.Now, we’re taking a chance and letting her out without a collar. She doesn’t stay out for very long, which is good. We’ll have to get her chipped before moving though and maybe a new collar. No tags though. A sharpie will suffice. I swear, this cat. Such a weird little thing.

No comments: