Friday, August 11, 2006

I Heart Google

Just when you think everything is lost, you do a google seach and you can find hope. I've found several data recovery programs that I can use to attempt to fix my computer. I just want the pictures really. If we can get the pictures back I'll be happy. If not, I'll live but *wahhhhh*.
Plus google is so much fun for finding out information on long lost friends, roomates, acquantainces, etc. I've been googling so many people lately, just to see if I can find out what their up to. Sometimes I leave them messages on blogs, sometimes I shoot an email. (Toastqueen if you manage to find this- I can't use myspace at work! tis blocked!) It does seem like a weird way of stalking but if the stuff is out there, espcially if you have a blog or something like that, it's fair game.

In other news, the AC unit from our new house was stolen. We haven't closed on the house yet so tecnically it still belongs to the investment company and they have to replace it. Oh darn, we're getting a new AC unit. The house is vacant so it's easy to see how someone got away with it. Apparantly, these things are full of copper and copper prices are sky high right now, so it's easy money. Thefts like this are rampant around Austin, so I guess it was only a matter of time. Thankfully the neighbor noticed it was gone and called the listing company. But still!
I feel like driving by the house every night now to make sure it doesn't happen again.
We had to delay the inspection because of it. Oh well. Everything else is still on track and we still look to probably close by the end of the month!

*Neighbor update* Came home on Tuesday and there was a lovely yellow notice on her door- landlord is evicting her for failure to pay rent on time/at all. Not shocking at all really. Our landlord isn't the kind of guy who would evict after one non-payment /really late payment so she had to have done this at least once before. So who knows what's going to happen. We were late on our rent this month but a) We told landlord the day after I found out I wasn't getting paid on time (motherfucking crappy ass company) b) I wanted to make sure my check cleared c) we ALWAYS pay on time, if not a bit early and d) It was a day late. Landlord, who is also our realtor, was ok with it as we are always good with the rent. It's not my fault my company can't pay me on time. Hopefully it's a one time thing though. Urgh. I HATE paying late. Hate.
Anyway, that's the fun for now.

1 comment:

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

My landlord has evicted a good portion of the building, including all but me & Science Cadet on my floor. When I moved in it was about 30% yuppie with the rest as really old tenants who had lived there for a while. They were all evicted on grounds of not paying rent/paying late continuously etc. and the company got state financing to turn it into some sort of emancipated child transition program.

I'm happy they evicted the lady next door, though. She started a cockroach infestation in my place and my apartment had to be sprayed for months.

I'm probably going to live in it either till 1) my employment situation pans out and 2) my raise next year to GS-13.