Tuesday, March 06, 2007

One problem solved

The leak is fixed. Yay. There was a nail put through during the remodeling of the house. Apparently it just set and rusted a bit until poof, one day it let loose.
I called the Homevestors people and he came out today. They are going to fix up the wall and restore it to it's original condition. (No more hole!) They are going to reimburse us for the plumber and they will pay for half of the drying out stuff. (It was pricey and could have been done cheaper. I know that now, but oh well. We're eating what would be our deductible.)
So yay! That got resolved! After all, it wasn't our mistake.

These people have been so great in everything. I have nothing bad to say about them. I would recommend them to anyone.

NOTE: Woohoo! Big ol' check in the mail for us! Yay Homevestors! The Austin Branch of the We Buy Ugly Houses people are truly good peeps. As for Centex foundation, we'll see. We made our complaints. We'll see what happens with them. I'm ready to do what it takes to get them to fix their mistake. I WILL go to the media if needed. I know people who know people. So they better fix their problem. Or I will be a big one.

No comments: