Thursday, August 23, 2007

Icky Sicky

Short and sweet. I managed to come down with bronchitis at the beginning of the week. At first I thought it was a head cold that was doing it's normal thing of winding down to my chest but no, the head part all but went away and this thing has taken hold of my lungs. All I do is cough and feel rotten. I went to work on Monday and made it through half of Tuesday before giving up and going home to sleep.
On Wednesday I dragged myself to the doctor only to have them tell me that well, yes, you are sick but we can't do anything for you. I don't have a fever and they don't want to give me antibiotics. I have to get worse first. Awesome.
So it's been fun. OTC meds, the good kind that you have to ask the pharmacist for and prove that you don't have a meth lab, and lots of tea. I still feel crummy but there's not much I can do about it.
And then there's work. I swear the position of the head of my department is cursed. This makes boss #4 in a little over 2 years. Yeah. It was supposedly a mutual decision but I'm pretty sure it wasn't. And of course this all happened on Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday, while I was gone. Argh.

1 comment:

Cilicious said...

Sorry for your work and health woes.
I can somewhat relate to your summertime blues.
I lost my voice this week--BEFORE I got feverish and achey. That open classroom situation literally makes me sick.
I stayed home today, and might change jobs after only being there a month.