Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Oh hell

So the foundation guy came by yesterday. He was really nice and lives down the street so it wasn't bad for him to get here in the cold and potential ice and all. He came in and took one look at it and said it could be a plumbing leak. He said there's no way the foundation should have moved like that. In fact he's pretty sure it's one from looking at the fun roof. (I'll post pics when the weather lets me take them.) He had the same problem at his house too. Plus his house has had the foundation repaired and all. So ugh.
It does make sense, now that we think of it. The bubbling up of the floor. Our washer drain has been clogged and the clog COULD be a broken pipe and the surrounding dirt and all. So I called our home warranty company and requested a plumber. It does cover leaks and all. I'm just waiting for the call back but I'm not expecting one anytime soon as the weather here means that no one is really at work. So we'll see. I just want to know for sure what is fucking wrong with my floor.
UPDATE: Edited for a major typo. still waiting on the plumber. Austin is pretty much shut down. I'm on day 2 of Ice Day. I'm going crazy at home and may venture out soon just to see what's open.

No comments: