Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Blergh

Sigh. If it’s not one thing, it’s another. There’s the small stuff: broke my cell phone last night. I dropped it on the tile floor and it split open. It’s cracked and now ghetto taped so it stays together. It works but only if it stays together. The thing that connects the top part (earpiece and display) got disconnected when it smashed last night. We managed to get the display on the inside and the earpiece working, but that’s it. The front display is gone. Plus it cracks open a bit when you use it. So I need a new phone. Thing is, with the whole wireless industry, unless I’m a brand new customer, I get to pay up the ass for a new phone. I think this phone is under a year old, so still under warranty, so we’ll see. (of course we don’t have insurance, which I think we’ll get now…) Arggh. Not what we need right now. (I really want a razor and all but unless I’m new… What the hell happened to keeping your original customers happy? I mean really.)
There’s the fact that we found out that the hard drive on our old computer is truly corrupted. We bought a USB case that you can put an interior hard drive in to make it an exterior. (Only $50 so it was worth the small amount to find it out than to pay a tech more to find out the same thing.) Then we tried a data retrieval program. That failed. Miserably. I’m going to try to see what I can get before the errors start happening again, but I’m not counting on anything. All those pictures and music gone. It died the week before I was going to back it up. Really. It sucks.
At work, we still can’t eat at our desks, which really doesn’t help the myriad things I have to do during lunch. Since we can’t really do internet stuff during the workday, I have to do it all at lunch, and now in a reduced time frame as I have to go downstairs, wolf down my lunch in 10-15 min. and rush back up to get things done. And I have a lot to do. No one likes the rule, no one can actually see the purpose of it. But yet it stays. The roof leaks and has gigantic holes and other parts of the office building need a complete overhaul but the real reason we have rats and things is that we keep food at our desks. Yes, that’s the real problem.
As for the house, I really don’t want to talk about it. It’s messed up. I think the foundation repair company screwed up when they made the initial repair. It’s awful. I don’t even want to go into detail right now as it makes me cry. Let’s just say that my house is literally falling apart right now, and I have this horrible feeling that we will have to pay for the repairs with money that we simply don’t have right now. It’s bad. Really bad.
I will say that I do not in any way blame the people who sold us the house. They are house flippers but know jack shit about foundations. They listened to the experts like we did and based their decisions on that. They made the same decision we did. They even paid for it all. They’ve actually been extremely helpful in all of this. I just got a phone call from them yesterday wanting to know if we had an update for them. They spent 2 hours at our house a few weeks ago, because we didn’t realize at first it was a foundation issue. I just wanted the name of the contractor that worked on the house. I got so much more. They came and took pictures and pointed out things and really helped us figure out what to do. They’ve told me that we’ve been doing everything right so far. It’s what they would do. This was their baby for a while so they want to know and will help in any way possible. Unfortunately, we’re doing everything that we can and it’s not enough. It’s really a nightmare. We’ve barely lived here for 4 months.

3 comments:

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

It really really sucks about the house-I hope you guys get everything worked out.

MLE said...

When it rains, it pours huh? I'm sorry. *hugs*

Yank In Texas said...

Yeah and the cell phone thing is no fun. We can't upgrade because we bought the phones less than a year ago. My phone isn't insured (but they boy's sure is... grrr). Full retail price is horrific. Right now our option is to add another line for $10 a month and get the discounted phone. That I'm ok with because i can get a cool, spiffy razor. But gah!