Wednesday, September 20, 2006

House Pictures

Ok, as promised, here are pics of the house. Doesn't look like two stories from the front really. It's a great house. Well, except for the ceiling lights dying today in the living room. We'll figure it out eventually, the joys of owning a house. Anyway, here they are.


Front of the house. The tree provides great shade. Four bedrooms, big kitchen, living room, 2 baths, 1 converted garage. Yeah, more than enough room for us and then some.



Different view of the front of the house. Yeah, that last right window used to be a garage but was converted into a room. It's not bad, but I wouldn't mind a garage. But hey, an extra room.
My beautiful kitchen. It's so lovely. There's a huge black fridge on the right now, next to the cabinets. Yeah, I know, doesn't match the other white appliances but it's nice having something that you don't have to clean constantly. Sink is some sort of PVC that looks porcelein. It rocks.
The cement slab. Oh yeah. There's a basketball pole but no hoop. We might use the slab for a party area or a gazebo or something like that. Right now it's full of the boy's plants.

Back of the house. Lovely French doors that go to the kitchen and the other door goes to the laundry room and then straight to the converted garage.

3 comments:

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

C, that is a beautiful home! I love it-reminds me of the houses in MA before the capes all got torn down to make way for McMansions. The kitchen is great. The cement slab isn't that bad-I think they neglected that lawn but my parents bought their new home in the same condition and turned the landscaping around in 2 years. They're limited by seasons, though, so you'll have an easier time.

Of course I'll give you a password, I just haven't figured out how to do it.

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

1 small thing-make sure that tree in your front yard doesn't have branches that overhang the roof. My parents have a TON of trees that are right next to the home (old school "let's put the houses in a "natural" environment planning") and they have to trim the branches that could potentially have fallen on the house during a storm. Don't know what your weather deal is but if you have high winds it's something to consider.

MLE said...

Awesome!

Wah, now I want a house. :(

But I am so happy for you guys!