Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Disappearing Hair

My hair is short now. Really short. Like short Sienna Miller short.
I didn’t intend to go this short. It sort of just happened. I went to get a haircut because I was seriously overdue for one, and said, “I want something a little different. I need to go shorter because my hair grows ridiculously fast.” (Which is true. My hairstylist is usually amazed at how long my hair can get in 2-3 months.)
So, I looked at a magazine, pointed out a style that I liked, and we went for it. And now my hair is short.
Reactions have been universally good, with the exception of the boy. He HATES short hair, which I knew, so I expected his reaction.
The boy: “No, no, no, too short. Too short. It’s cute but too short.”
Everyone else, “Oh my god, that’s so cute! It’s so flattering!”
Yeah.
Me, I love it. I think it’s actually age appropriate and I now actually almost look my age, instead of about 6 years younger. Plus with all this heat, it’s nice to not have to worry about it all.

No comments: