1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Ate one new thing a week from the farmer's market. It was tough and I learned that I don't like a lot of veggies and things (kale- ick) but I did learn to like new veggies (kohlrabi mmmm.)
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make any.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not anyone close to me but several friends and interweb people did.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not this year.
5. What countries/places did you visit?
Mostly Houston and LaVernia due to the boy not having much time off.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More $$, a new job, a vacation that's not in Texas.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Nov 4th for the election.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Nailing down a basic salsa and hot sauce recipe that even Mexicans have told me tastes better than their mamas! Just needs tweaking now...
9. What was your biggest failure?
Finding a new job that pays better.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I discovered a lovely wheat allergy. That's been fun. Yay for gluten-free. Ugh.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our new coffee table. And though I didn't buy it- my programmable slow cooker.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Barack Obama, throughout the entire election process. (Completely agree.)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Lots of people really. Most Austin drivers.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Debt, basic expenses, the vehicles.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I always get stuck on this because I just can't remember the songs I liked.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier and more hopeful. Things are starting to look up a bit at work and (crossing all digits) the boy should be getting a raise from his new job.
b) thinner or fatter? A bit thinner, thanks to the step and BodyJam classes I've taken.
c) richer or poorer? Richer in some ways, a bit poorer in others.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Job hunting. Organizing.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Not much really.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With the boy's family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
More in love with the boy and my furbabies.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Bones, Top Chef.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
Oh there were so many. Most of the books by Philippa Gregory and Alison Weir top the list though.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
A Wii (seriously best video game system ever and I don't really like them), programmable slow cooker.
27. What did you want and not get?
A raise. (Salary freezes at work.)
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Dark Knight, but I didn't really see all that many.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
My 31st, and we went out to dinner and then went downtown.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having the boy less stressed out for the first half of the year.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Making sure things fit but staying within a tiny budget.
32. What kept you sane?
The boy, food.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I was pretty enamored of Tina Fey playing Sarah Palin. (Me too.)
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Who did you miss?
Friends I haven't seen in a while. Mle and Dan getting married.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Chad and Veronica, Gina.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Working with friends does not always turn out so well. Especially when their values and parenting methods clash with yours violently.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Just dance. or something like that.